It is fairly common for young children to swallow foreign objects. But according to a new study, children seem to be increasingly attracted to ingesting magnets.
The study, published in the Annals of Emergency Medicine, revealed that cases involving children swallowing magnets has increased more than five times over a 10-year period.
The researchers say that over this period, ingestion of magnets has generally resulted in more serious outcomes, including emergency surgery.
The study, conducted by researchers from the University of Washington, analyzed data from the National Electronic Injury Surveillance System for cases of magnetic foreign bodies in children under 21-years-old, between 2002 and 2011.
Customized Fat Loss
Female Fat Loss
Fat Burner System
Golden Ratio Systems
Fat Burning Furnace
Fat Loss Cookbook
Reverse Your Diabetes Today