- Since dates get digested very easily, they are used for supplying quick energy and repairing waste.
- Milk, when boiled with dates, become a very nutritious and invigorating drink for children and adults, especially during convalescence.
- The nicotinic content in dates makes them an excellent cure for intestinal disturbances.
- Regular consumption of dates has been found to check the growth of pathological organisms and help in the growth of friendly bacteria in the intestines.
- Being a laxative food, dates have been found to be beneficial for those suffering from constipation.
- For alcoholic intoxication, drinking water, in which fresh dates have been rubbed or soaked, is said to be quite effective.
- Studies have shown that consumption of dates, soaked overnight and crushed, is good for those who have a weak heart.
- It has been seen that dates serve as a tonic for improving sex stamina as well as sterility due to functional disorders.
- Researches have revealed that dates are effective in preventing abdominal cancer.
- Dates have a tonic effect and thus, hold value as medicines.
Tuesday, August 3, 2010
Health & Nutrition Benefits of Eating Dates
Posted By Neill Abayon